Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Athletics Day!!.


Athletics Day !!!!

Finally the day has come when Pt England school had their annual Athletics day.

My group from years six and seven started off with the discus which is my favorite Athletic event of all time .The person in charge was Mr Jacobson who is our music teacher at school. The bugle went and our year six’s took their first throw and Lepa Toa came out on top for Matatua ,Erene for Taki and in thrid place Toko who is in Tainui.

These colours represent blue for Tainui, Red for Te aroa,Green for Matatua,Yellow for Takitimu, which means if you win a event then you will get points for your house group and who ever gets the most points wins!!!.

“First ,second,and third” says Mr Jacobson and its time for the year sevens to take there throw. My heart was pounding the air was fill with excitement,and everyone wanted to give it a good go. One by one as everyone was giving their all to get a place in discus,at the moment its Charm in first, Rayden second,Moses third.

Now it’s my turn. I stood up to the circle the bell went for morning tea
I was hungry at the same time.My heart was accelerating I took a deep breath I twist my body and I threw the discus as hard as I could and there it goes souring through the air “second place” says Mr Jacobson I jump up in the air saying “yes!! second place. ”

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time. Congratulations on getting second place in discus. Do you plan on joining any sports groups in school because I think you would enjoy it sense you enjoy the Athletics Day.

    ReplyDelete